An age-old rivalry. Extremely loyal fan bases. Two sides that, quite frankly, really don’t care much for each other.
Griffins vs. Admirals?
Not exactly. We’re talking about Budweiser vs. Miller, a feud that will be personified (and horse-ified?) tonight at Van Andel Arena.
Miller is the beer that made Milwaukee famous (or was that Schlitz?…close enough), so The King of Beers will be fully on the side of the home team tonight when the Griffins host the Admirals at 7 p.m.
Before fans enjoy the traditional Friday promotion of Dollar Beers, Dollar Dogs from 6-8 p.m., they’ll be able to get up close and personal with the world famous Budweiser Clydesdales. Ottawa Street just west of the arena will be closed down to accommodate eight of these beautiful horses and their beer wagon. A couple of them will be brought up to the Fulton Street plaza in front of the arena, where fans can take advantage of photo ops from 5:30-7 p.m.
Who knew the Clydesdales’ taste in sports extended beyond football?
Avoid the stampede. Get to Van Andel Arena early tonight to see these impressive animals.
Today’s Griffins links:
- Griffins’ Logan Pyett hopes for weekend return (MLive)
- Kyle Rogers signed by Toledo Walleye after being released by Griffins (MLive)
- NHL vet Steve Begin assigned to Ads (Milwaukee Admirals)
- Geoffrion makes short move, but big jump (Milwaukee Admirals)
- Predators sign Steve Begin (NHL)
- Preview: Griffins, Heat, Wolves vs. Admirals (Milwaukee Journal Sentinel)
- Update from practice: Stefanovich and Engel return (Toronto Marlies)
Alumni news and notes:
- Red Wings want Jiri Hudler to compete harder (MLive)
Red Wings’ Jiri Hudler adjusting, but it’s been slow (Detroit Free Press)