Fist bumps are definitely in order today for our old friend Mattias Ritola, who scored his first NHL goal – the game-winner, no less – in Tampa Bay’s 3-0 win at Phoenix on Saturday.
The goal, Ritola’s second point of the campaign, came in his fourth game as a member of the Lightning and 11th NHL regular season contest overall.
As you’ll see in this highlight, Ritola tried a wraparound and the puck caromed off the skate of Coyotes defenseman Keith Yandle and past Ilya Bryzgalov. Regardless of how it might have looked, your first NHL goal is always a thing of beauty.
Today’s Griffins links:
- Video: Griffins v. Moose (Fox 17)
- Mastery of Moose continues (Grand Rapids Griffins)
- Third time, no charm (Grand Rapids Griffins)
- Rookie Raedeke far from role player (Grand Rapids Griffins)
- Jamie Tardif scores twice to send Griffins past Moose, 4-2 (MLive)
- Griffins still winless at home after shootout loss (MLive)
- Game under wraps and then — blammo (Winnipeg Free Press)
- Gonzo’s Guide: Restaurant Week, Opera Grand Rapids, Tyler Perry’s ‘ For Colored Girls’ (MLive)
- Lake Erie Monsters finish off a busy weekend with 2-0 shutout of Manitoba (Cleveland Plain Dealer)
- No Halloween treat for Moose (Winnipeg Sun)
Alumni news and notes:
- Red Wings’ Chris Osgood injures groin in practice; Jimmy Howard will return to action on Wednesday (MLive)
- Red Wings’ Jiri Hudler surprised to learn he is a healthy scratch tonight against Nashville (MLive)
Wings’ Jiri Hudler not happy about sitting against Predators (Detroit News)
Jiri Hudler scratched against Predators (Detroit Free Press)
- Red Wings could use Justin Abdelkader’s ‘grit and physicality’ in season debut vs. Nashville (MLive)