The fruits of more than a year’s worth of planning and nearly four months of construction will be tasted for the first time this Saturday when “Amway Section A,” the $1.2 million expansion of Van Andel Arena’s northwest concourse, is dedicated prior to the Griffins’ game against the Lake Erie Monsters.
Intended as a way to alleviate concourse congestion during large arena events, this new 3,500-square-foot addition will feature a full bar, concession-style food service and three 42” flat screen TVs.
All ticketed fans and media are invited to attend a brief ribbon-cutting ceremony at 6:15 p.m. Saturday. The first 500 fans to visit Amway Section A and experience Van Andel Arena’s newest amenity will receive a free t-shirt, while special prizes will be available for select fans who check in and tweet from the area. Be sure to include “@Amway Section A” and #LetsGoGriffins in your posts to be eligible to win.
Click here for complete details about Amway Section A and a link to a photo gallery showing the final stages of construction.
Today’s Griffins links:
- Monsters shut out Griffins 3-0 (Griffins)
- Griffins shut out at Lake Erie, but return home with winning road record (MLive)
- Lake Erie Monsters throttle Grand Rapids Griffins, 3-0 (Cleveland Plain Dealer)
- Video: Getting to know the Griffins: Forward Ilari Filppula (MLive)
- Joey MacDonald isn’t letting lack of playing time with Red Wings get him down (MLive)
- Three-goal first fuels Aeros (Houston Chronicle)
Alumni news and notes:
- Lightning’s Ritola suspended for two games (NHL)
- Video: Mattias Ritola has been suspended two games (NHL)
- Adversity tests Jonathan Ericsson often (Detroit News)
Video – NHL alumni goal: